Do you want to know how to make a bingo game? Keep reading this article.
Table of content
- When was bingo invented? A brief historical background
- How does bingo work? Basic rules
- How to play bingo to win: Helpful tips
- How to make a bingo game: Simple instructions
Bingo is a very exciting yet simple game played in different countries. While it is similar to Keno since it is also about picking a set of numbers, there are core differences between the games. So, how does bingo work and how is it possible to create such a game at home?
When Was Bingo Invented? A Brief Historical Background
Bingo, as we know it today, has not existed for thousands of years. So, when was bingo invented? The game’s history began in 1530 when it was developed from an Italian game known as “Lo Giuoco del Lotto D’Italia.” It has been still played, by the way. Then, over the next few centuries, it was introduced in other countries, including the USA, when it was initially known as “beano.”
Edwin S. Lowe, a salesman selling toys, was the one who invented bingo’s name. This happened in 1929 when he heard someone incidentally pronouncing “bingo” instead of “beano,” and Lowe decided that it was a good name for that game.
How Does Bingo Work? Basic Rules
Bingo comes in different variations, but if you are asking how many numbers in bingo we have to choose from, it is 75 in a traditional game version. Now, let’s find out how to play bingo lottery.
This game is extremely easy! All you need is to pick a bingo card or cards. Each card has 25 numbers placed randomly, and the “Bingo” sign at the top. There is also an empty box in the center of the card.
Then a combination of number-letters is drawn, and you need to match them with those in your cards. You win if five numbers make a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal pattern. The best way to learn how the game works is by playing it at an online casino in a free mode.
How to Play Bingo to Win: Helpful Tips
Many players would like to find out how to win at bingo every time, but there is no single strategy allowing them to do this. Since it is a game of chance, you will need to try your luck every time.
However, there are a few helpful tips on how to play bingo and earn some profit:
- Manage your bankroll. Decide on how much money you wish to use for betting, and do not exceed those limits. A general recommendation would be placing no more than 3% of your total bankroll in a single session;
- Pick the right game. There are various types of bingo, and you should choose the one you know well. The choice of this game’s versions is particularly large at online casinos;
- Calculate your odds. It is actually easy to do. Just divide the number of your cards by the total number of cards in the game. For example, if you have 10 cards and there are 100 cards in the game, then you have a 10% chance of winning;
Let’s see the difference in odds depending on the number of cards you buy in a 100-card game.
|Numbers of cards||Chances of winning|
- Avoid peak hours. Everything is simple here — the fewer players play, the better chances you have;
- Buy more cards. The more cards you have, the greater your chances of winning. However, you should also mind your bankroll limits.
How to Make a Bingo Game: Simple Instructions
Now, let’s find out how to make Bingo cards and other stuff for the game. You can create cards by using paper, scissors, markers, and other things. Another way is just to use your PC to draw and print those cards. In fact, on the Internet, you can find Bingo card generators, which you can use for creating your own cards and then print them.
You can use coins to cover matching numbers. If you do not have balls, you can simply write number and letter combinations on pieces of paper and then draw them randomly. Remember to buy or sew a bingo bag for storing and carrying all your accessories.
When making the game yourself, you can be as creative as you want. For instance, instead of numbers, you can use colors to make the game simple and engaging for your kids.